Different award types for different needs
When you have earned a certain number of Award Miles, the best thing to do is to spend them and book a flight! The number of Miles you’ll need depends on your destination, travel class and the flexibility of your travel dates. There are four different types of award tickets. So, whatever your preferences, you will find a ticket to suit you.
Our Promo Awards are a special selection of destinations that are offered for a reduced number of Miles. You can save between 20 and 50% on the Award Miles you would normally need for a Classic Award. Make sure you check our Promo Awards regularly, because the list of destinations is updated every month and availability is limited.
- Available for all Flying Blue members
- Bookable for a reduced number of Award Miles - save up to 50%!
- For flights with AIR FRANCE, KLM and participating airline partners
- Limited availability and exclusively available online
Our Classic Awards are flight tickets that can be booked for flights with AIR FRANCE, KLM and any of our airline partners to all destinations in exchange for Award Miles. You can find the required number of Miles in the Miles Calculator. Of course, you spend fewer Award Miles for an Economy Class ticket than for a ticket in Business Class.
- Available for all Flying Blue members, to all destinations
- For one-way and round-trip flights with AIR FRANCE, KLM and partner airlines, subject to availability
- Possible to combine several flights and airline partners on the same ticket
- Classic Awards may be cancelled or modified for a fee of € 45
Flex Awards are tickets that give you more flexibility in your travel dates and that can be modified without charge in case your travel plans change.
- For tickets with AIR FRANCE, KLM, Kenya Airways, and Tarom
- The number of Miles required depends on the class of travel and destination
- Available for all Flying Blue members
- Based on availability of seats on the chosen flight
Round-the-World Awards are tickets that offer you the possibility to plan your very own round-the-world itinerary based on all destinations offered by AIR FRANCE, KLM and other SkyTeam airlines.
- Ticket may comprise a mix of SkyTeam airlines
- Possible to make up to 6 stopovers, with a maximum of 3 on the same continent
- Including feeder flights from Europe, so you can back-track to/from the point of origin
- Limited availability of award tickets with Korean Air and China Airlines on certain dates
Please note: Open-jaw flights are considered as an extra stopover and any ground transportation is at your own expense. Departures are subject to Round-the-World Award conditions. Your Round-the-World Award ticket must include one transatlantic and one transpacific flight and you must always fly in the same direction (east to west or west to east). You can book your tickets in Economy Class or Business Class.To book your tickets, please contact the Flying Blue Service Centre in writing at least 14 days before departure.
Award tickets at a glance
|Award type||Classic Award||Promo Award||Flex Award||Round-the-World Awards|
|Available to:||all Flying Blue members||all Flying Blue members||all Flying Blue members||all Flying Blue members|
|Number of Miles required:||depends on booking class and destination||up to 50% discount||depends on booking class and destination||depends on booking class (Economy or Business Class)|
|Airlines offering the award:||AIR FRANCE, KLM and all partner airlines||AIR FRANCE, KLM and some partner airlines||AIR FRANCE, KLM, Kenya
Airways and Tarom
|AIR FRANCE, KLM and other SkyTeam airlines|
|Available to:||all destinations||regularly changing selection of destinations||all destinations||all SkyTeam airlines destinations|
|Changes/cancellations:||possible for a fee of € 45||not possible||possible free of charge||possible for a fee of € 45|
- For all award tickets, special terms and conditions may apply. Always check these terms before booking an award ticket.
- Airport and security taxes are not covered by your Miles and must be paid separately. The same applies to part of the carrier-imposed international surcharges on long-haul flights.
- If you need more information, you can always contact the Flying Blue Service Centre.